DC Sail is seeking multiple dock managers to help manage our adult programs in 2013. This is a great seasonal position for someone who loves boating & wants to enjoy the DC summer season while keeping cool on the water!
Title: Dock Manager
Location: The Gangplank Marina, 600 Water St. SW, Washington DC, 20024
Hours: Weekends from 8:30-5:30pm (split into shifts) from April - October
Supervises: All DC Sail sailboats
Wage: Depending on experience level
To ensure the safety of the DC Sail boats while they are out sailing.
- Setting up for morning instruction
- Directing instructors and lesson participants
- Maintaining the boat maintenance log
- Preparing the motorboats for the day
- Towing 19-foot sailboats in and out of the marina using an inflatable motor boat
- Monitoring sailboats while they are at sail, helping with boat maintenance
- Closing down the facility at the end of the day
- Lending a hand wherever help is needed
- Current CPR/First Aid
- Powerboat & sailboat experience
- US Sailing Level 1 instructor certification is preferred
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.